1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glenn Beck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Dec 21, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

There are dozens of outlets where we can get talk-radio pablum.

But there used to be only one that recapped the current national and world news every half-hour on the half-hour quickly and neatly --- don't have to sit in front of the computer, don't have to jump through hoops --- until some idiot in the ATL forgot HN's raison d'etre and started hiring pathetitards.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Some fine sarcasm, Jimmy. Good to see some creative complaining around here.

3. Fubar

Fubar Member

Politics aside. That's some fucked up shit right there.

TV footage of various bearded fellows talking trash about Jews and America wasn't surprising. Kids yelling passionately about becoming martyrs made me blink a lot while I shook my head rapidly. The GI Joe-esque cartoon about being a suicide bomber was nutso. It just seemed like a parody. Man alive.

Even if this stuff was put together by some guy living in his parents' basement somewhere outside of Denver, I'd still say that was some fucked up shit right there. I don't care if it was presented by Glenn Beck, Martin Short or it's posted all over craigslist... I'm still amazed by the extreme passion folks have and the lengths they'll go to in an attempt to get others to hang out on their team.

It's one thing to posture for a crappy politician. It's something entirely different to talk your kids into blowing themselves up by promising them the world after they do so. Goofs.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

No, but Glenn Beck's a pretty big idiot for the question he asked Rep.-Elect Ellison a few weeks back.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

On the list of talk show hosts who are brain dead imbeciles with nothing good to say, Beck isn't near the top of the list.

I don't agree with everything he says, but he isn't that bad. Heck sometimes he's pretty funny and dead on. Definitely not always. But sometimes. The question he gave to Ellison a few weeks ago was ridiculously stupid and worthless.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Michael Savage scares me much more than Glenn Beck.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He doesn't really scare me. I just wish he'd stop trying to say he has a PhD.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Michael Weiner Savage is proof that grad school is meaningless.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

At least as far as the jihadist issue is concerned, you ignore Mr. Beck at your great peril.

10. An auspicious debut, Mr. Mundane.
    When you fetch me a beer, get one for yourself.
    Oh, and Glenn Beck is a tool. Always has been. Always was. Just because he got CNN to front a Spinal Tap mockumentary on Scary Muslims doesn't make him less so.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's odd. To me, they're the only two talk show hosts I've heard that don't toe a party line one way or the other and think both Republicans and Democrats are idiots. In other words, they have the type of attitude more Americans need so we can fish the diamond ring out of the turd-filled toilet bowl as its swirling around the bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted