1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glenn Beck question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I suspect Beck's listeners take this stuff a whole lot more seriously than Beck does.

Beck's a former co-host of "Tim 'n' Glenn's Mornin' Zoo!" on radio, and a frustrated standup comic. He saw guys like Limbaugh getting filthy rich doing conservative radio talk, so Glenn started crying about how much he loves America. It worked nicely for him, but I don't think he takes any of it particularly seriously.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He used to have the time slot between Larry King and the Zamfir infomercial. It was short-lived.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

As far as Politifact, Factcheck.org and Snopes go, are they usually pretty much right on the money?
    When they come to the conclusion that something is true or false, can you pretty much take that to the bank or is it a matter of interpretation?

4. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

This thread is giving me ... the sudden urge to invest in gold. Must. Invest. In. Gold.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

WHAT?!?!?!!?!?!?

Beck, like ALL conservative radio hosts, hell, all conservative people, is a bad person.

He's a terrible, terrible jerk. He doesn't care about the little people! He tells LIES!!!!!!!

Didn't you get the memo?

(I agree with you)

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Your friend, like Beck, is an imbecile mixed with a heaping helping of paranoid lunacy.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've watched a few Beck shows. It's all about the delivery. If you come across as sincere and well-intentioned you can get people to believe anything, no matter what you say. He's a con artist.
    "Do you like puppies? Of course you do. Do you love America? Well - lemme tell you about the great puppy holocaust going on in America. For years there was a kindly, elderly man who for years commanded millions of people to keep puppies from being born. His name was Bob Barker and CBS allowed him for more than 30 years to kill puppies!"

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

No, as an arm of the Republican Party, Fox would not.

9. For years, my main source of entertainment was political talk radio and Fox News. I don't know why, but I guess I love torturing myself.

That said, I've seen many Glenn Beck episodes - and even used to hear him on the radio in Tampa before he was syndicated - and can say he is getting crazier and crazier. He used to spend as much time talking about the entertainment world as he did complaining about the Clintons. I don't know if it's a sign of the onset of mental illness, but he is absolutely obsessed with these insane conspiracy theories. He literally sees communists' secret words in every government memo sent out. I honestly think he has a mental illness, and I don't think that about any other commentator.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have not a minute to spend on Beck, Maddow, O'Reilly, Hannity, Schultz or any of the other ass-kissing political "journalism" version of fan bois. My problem with Coulter, Savage, Olbermann, et al., isn't that they are crazy or spout conspiracy theories. It's that they are, essentially, homers. It's undignified in sports reporting. It is 1,000 times more undignified - not to mention irresponsible - in national affairs reporting and commentary.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's getting a little dusty in here.

Oh. Sorry. That's just Beck blubbering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.