1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glenn Beck propositions woman on live TV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Beck's talking about the naked Idol contestant with someone from Us Weekly when he makes his bad, bad, bad joke.

Her reaction is priceless.

Not sure if this link will work. If not, go here and click on the Sexual harassment at CNN story.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

What a dickhead.

Speaking of which, and I apologize in advance for the threadjack, I enjoyed also seeing this when I clicked on the second link above:

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Well, what the fuck? Both links freeze my PC.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I will almost, but not quite, forgive you for linking me to Countdown with KO.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Just found it on You Tube. Try this --

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Thanks Free!

I was searching youtube for "Worst Person" and "Olberman."

Nice work, thanks.

By the way, Dina's face is PRICELESS!

And it looks good on Beck.

7. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Glenn Beck is scum.

This is the same fuck that asked the new US representative(?) if he was a terrorist because he's Muslim. He made some BS excuse that "others were thinking the same thing and he felt bad to ask it, but he had to..."

Prick.

8. 85bears

85bears Member

What's funny is Olbermann said in Rolling Stone this week that Beck was such a loose cannon closet bigot that eventually he would say something that would get him tossed off the air for good. This actually might do the trick.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I never understood why CNN put this guy on. I can understand finding a conservative talk show host to represent the right's views, and there's genuinely some good people out there.

But why Beck? I guess he had a radio show or something? I don't know but they could have cast their nets a little further when looking for a host.

I tune into his show every now and then and 99 percent of them seem to be, "The world is a dangerous place and there are people that would like to do us harm." Yeah, we get it.

Now this nonsense. Are people from National Review too ugly for TV? I don't agree with a lot of them, but at least they make for some intelligent discussion.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

I really don't know...I think he just tried to make a bad joke that really flopped. It almost sounded like to me he was trying to tell her that anyone who takes nude photos, not just celebrities, need to be forewarned that it could show up on-line. She was taking the approach that it is just celebrities that have to worry about that, and he was saying you take a few and let's see what happens.
    Was it stupid? Yes. Was it appropriate? No. Was he propositioning her? No.
    As much of an idiot I think Beck is, this is not that bad.

11. 85bears

85bears Member

markvid - I agree with you to a point. But he just kept pushing it and pushing it and pushing it and you knew where it was headed. Reminds me of the way pedophiles try to move the conversation toward sex in chat rooms. Same conversation dynamics.

And it seemed to be one of those things where if she acted as she did, Beck could say, "Just joking!" But if she reacted favorably ... well do you really think Beck would say, "Oh, I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong idea. I was just joking around. I have no interest."

12. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

It was creepy. And Beck probably should be fired.

But at the same time, can anyone explain Olbermann's obsession with his competitors, whether it be O'Reilly or Beck?

Draft saved Draft deleted