1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The funny thing about the show is what made the show interesting - that the glee club was seen as a bastion of outcasts, freaks and losers - has been pretty much abandoned.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well now I'm going to go ahead and watch the rest of the episode.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's FOX and Glee, two entities with a poor record of actual sex appeal, you know. It was not especially hot, since everything happened off-screen and on-screen, I think the just showed the aftermath with Quinn under a blanket.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The only part of the wedding episode that I enjoyed was Emma's freakout song. That was great. The rest was crap.

The last episode was just meh...mash-up of film songs. Liked the mashup of Danger Zone and Old Time Rock 'n' Roll, the rest was just there.

We now have a potential Rachel baby with a love triangle, since Brody lives with her and she hooked up with Finn after the wedding that wasn't. Yes, Glee, we really needed go down this stupid lazy path of drama development. I texted one of my friends (who is also close to throwing in the towel on Glee) that if they have Rachel drop out of NYADA to have the baby and move back to Lima and get married to Finn, I am fucking done with this show.

5. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I religiously watched the first three years of the show through the ups and the downs.

But when they rebooted with a New Directions cast, it just didn't feel the same.

Sad because at one time, this really was a great show.

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Rachel is pregnant?

These writers aren't even trying anymore.

Yes.

Season One. I kept watching hoping to see that again.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Well, the writers are currently having us believe that she's pregnant...right after hooking up with Finn, they show her taking a pregnancy test and in the last episode, Santana said she found it in the trash and said it was positive. I feel like the writers don't even care any more. Look at this season:

We revisit the whole "Rachel is a diva" thing, along with the Kurt/Rachel rivalry
    The new characters are the exact same characters as the old ones (Kitty = Quinn, Marley = Rachel, Ryder = Finn, Jake = Puck) with almost the exact same conflicts. They bring in Unique as basically a substitute for Mercedes.
    Will and Emma still can't get their shit together, four years later.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I actually like New Puck and New Finn better than the originals.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think they're better actors as well, but they're given warmed over storylines that the originals have already done.

10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

They're doing school shootings tonight.

Insert remarks here.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I assume Shonda Rhimes is now the head writer for Glee.

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I guffawed more than once.

So contrived.

Draft saved Draft deleted