1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Glad to see they're developing some of the other characters. Funny having Victor Garber on and not giving him a song to sing - even funnier hearing his character say he's going to law school since he's played lawyers in just about every show he's been in.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

OMG yes. But I was already in love with Matthew Morrison after listening to the Hairspray OBCR. MMMMMM.

And when Josh Groban walked in, I shrieked so loud my cat sprinted out of the room. It was all I could do to not start hugging my TV. PLUS!!! he was so funny!!! I couldn't believe they didn't have him sing but just seeing his face on my TV was good enough for me.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Love this show soooo much :D

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

They aired that episode again tonight. Shut it off after about 30-35 minutes. It had some moments, but didn't hook me in enough to watch the rest. Hopefully the show is available On Demand and I can give it another chance based on the raves here.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Friend clued me into a term for Glee fans: Gleek.
    I watched tonite. I think I'm officially a gleek.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You missed the tour? :D

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Killick

I am *so* behind the curve on this whole thing. :p
    Honestly, seeing just the commercials before it started, I had no interest. But friends kept talking it up, so I thought I'd check it out. Pleasantly surprised, to say the least.

8. imjustagirl

I wasn't SUPER enthused by the promos, but the pilot won me over. If you didn't see it, go find it online. Or at least go hear their version of Don't Stop Believing, which was a big download after the ep.

9. Killick

Damn, that's pretty good...
    Loved "Mercy" from tonight, even if it wasn't the "good kids." And Groban's line about liking drunks was hilarious.
    Yep, officially a gleek.

10. imjustagirl

Mercy was great. Gold Digger from last week was fun cheese. I REALLY liked Take A Bow by the hot geek glee girl last week.

11. Killick

I need to look her up on imdb. Love her voice.

EDIT: Wow. Now even more impressed. This is the first thing she's done, really (save for an ep of "First Watch.")

Also, didn't realize that Pillsbury is the coat-check girl from How I Met Your Mother.

And, gleek-factoid: The kid in the wheelchair? His name is Kevin McHale.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Lea Michele (who plays Rachel) has been on Broadway, most notably in Spring Awakening.

I love Jane Lynch's character (the cheerleading coach). She's always good for several good lines every show.

Draft saved Draft deleted