1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glazer: Favre giving coaching clinics to Packers' opponents

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And now Favre admits it: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/22/favre-admits-to-strategy-session-with-millen/

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Is it possible for Favre to be any more of a douchebag?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No.

The same can be said for those at ESPN who "determined that Glazer's story wasn't true."

Peter King better be sending an apology text to Glazer.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I won't be surprised by the next underhanded thing he does.

The man just doesn't want to see Thompson/McCarthy/Rodgers succeed without him.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

ESPN
    Favre
    King

All lose credibility. ESPN and Favre don't give a shit so Peter King is the loser of the group.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hmmm, let's see, the President/GM of one franchise having lengthy lengthy off-field conversations and arranging significant "together-time" with the star QB (currently under contract) of another franchise.

Can you say "tampering," Mr. Goodell?

Can you say "million-dollar fine?"

I think you can.

Millen is still receiving NFL paychecks.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd love to see the Packers issue No. 4 to the next guy they put on the practice squad.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Could this cost the Jets a draft pick?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't see any indication the Jets are involved in any way whatsoever -- if anything they are probably pissed at Favre for spending extensive time on the phone with the Lions when he could be preparing for his own game (the Jets lost that week, BTW).

If the Jets and Favre weren't still in that honeymoon period of sweet dewy new love when your sweetheart can do no wrong, I'd bet the Jets would drop a healthy fine on Brett, but that won't happen of course.

It comes back to Goodell. It undermines public confidence in the game and the legitimacy of competition to have team executives carrying on long loving conversations with players currently under contract to other teams. The term is "tampering."

There's a limit to what he can fine Favre due to the NFLPA, but he can fine him at least a nominal but significant amount, just to make the point, "don't do this shit no more."

Team owners/GMs don't got no union. There's no limit to what he could fine Millen, who is still being paid in some fashion by the Lions.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Of course, Golic was just on ESPN saying this happens all the time, that players who get cut by one team get signed by their next opponent so they can get a scouting report.

While that may be the case, the guys getting cut aren't of the profile of Favre, which I think makes this a little different.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

[​IMG]

Glazer wants an apology? He'll get one when he comes and digs it out during my next colonoscopy!

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The PFT report said Favre doesn't want to irrevocably lose his rep in Wisconsin.

Too late. This report will turn all but the most ardent Favre sack lickers in Wisconsin ... and rightfully so.

How appropriate. This is the six-interception-in-a-game equivalent of tarnishing one's legacy.

Draft saved Draft deleted