1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glavine's deja vu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Nov 18, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I wish I could find a Rico Brogna jersey.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If you don't have Paul Thormosgaard, you're a mere poseur.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wow, so you really must have seethed this last season when he played for the Yankees.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I assume this was a regular-season game? I can't remember it.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Holy shit. ...

[​IMG]

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Pretty shitty starting lineup if he's in it.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yes it was.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

As a sick Mets fanboi looser, I must say that while Franco's pinch hit single was memorable, it does not compare to Todd Pratt's 1999 NLDS clinching homer or the Piazza bomb that capped off the 8th inning comeback against the Braves or Piazza's homer in the first game in NYC following 9/11.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That almost looks like the Jason Giambi Christmas ornament I bought one year. I have hung it up with shame the last three Christmas' as I will again this year.

The only time I like my steroid users is when they are hitting big home runs off of Pedro in Game 7 of the ALCS.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Rico could field his position better than most, but if he got a Starting Lineup, any one of us probably could have, too.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Was 1999 or 2000 the Subway Series? I'm too lazy to look it up, that is why I asked if it was a regular season game.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

John Franco's Starting Lineup spent more than five years hanging from my ceiling -- noose and all. Dick.

Draft saved Draft deleted