1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glavine milestone thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Aug 1, 2007.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

If Glavine reaches 300 as a Met, wins another World Series as a Met, does he go into the hall with a Met cap on.

God I hope not.

2. any specific reason you don't like him?

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

He is a player rep for the union. Could that have anything to do with the reaction?

4. prhack

prhack Member

Great job novelist. I know it killed you. While you were remiss in not mentioning those five 20-win seasons, I'm willing to cut you some slack. :)

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

As much as I wouldn't mind seeing that, there's no chance he goes in as a Met. He spent his first 16 seasons and won his first 242 wins with Atlanta. I don't care how much more success he has with New York -- whether it be this season or even into next -- he'll always be remembered as a Brave.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, I thought the end of the paragraph covered it, and I'm making a concerted effort to get over the way the greedy rat bastard traitor he left and be civil. My therapist has advised me it's not healthy to keep rehashing it.

7. XXXX

XXXX Member

Glavine's wife= Older Katherine Heigl

SMOKING HOT!!!! I hope he doesn't break the record for a couple more starts so we can see her again.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Look who calls Glavine to congratulate him!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=215660

NEW YORK (AP) - For Tom Glavine, among all the people who called to congratulate him on his 300th win, two stood out: Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky.

"Those guys were way better (at hockey) than I ever was at this game," said Glavine, a former Los Angeles Kings draft pick. "It was mind-boggling that those guys, great as they were, took the time to congratulate me."

Oh, and there was a voice mail left by another pretty good left-hander, Sandy Koufax. That left Glavine in awe.

"I feel like a kid when that happens," Glavine aid.

9. casty33

casty33 Active Member

With all the crap about Michael Vick, the NBA ref, Barry Bonds et.al., it is nice for a change to have a true gentleman and nice person reach a milestone. I may be getting old but I really felt for him and his family as I watched Glavine's 300th.

That is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted