1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glasgow airport attack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boomer7, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Well, the really nice thing about these bombs failing (besides lives spared) is that there will be loads and loads of intact evidence.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Maybe they were just returning a rental...

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can only imagine how much fun the princes' concert for Diana will be on Sunday. Is it troubling, yes. It's not fun knowing there are people out there who want to harm citizens because of where they live, but how many cars crash and burn every day? I'm with FDR on this one, "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Since the terrorists are now in England, do we go over there to fight them?

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Yep, especially if they read the McCarren Airport thread.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I hope they bought the insurance.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Wonder what the drop fee is gonna be.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

Helluva week for Gordon Brown to take over for Tony Blair.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Not sure I like the tone from Mr. Johnson here. It's one thing to mock the plots that weren't operational and were merely pipe dreams in the minds of those hatching them. It's another thing to take the same attitude when a country has had three actual attempted car bombings in two days.

And as for his critique of the coverage, give me a break. He should know better than to expect anything else from the cable news networks. If they're going wall-to-wall with Paris Hilton and the Pregnant Missing Mom, of course they're going to blow out the budget when an actual news story takes place. I thought CNN's coverage was pretty damn good (especially Paula Newton).

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Mr. Johnson might have coined a new term: "journo-priapism"

10. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6253802.stm

The latest from the Beeb.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Sounds like they had a controlled explosion of a car that was placed at the hospital where the burned driver is being treated.

On the positive side, wonder if opponents of CCTV cameras placed all over London realize now what a benefit they are.

12. Except that:

a) Exploding Cars One and Two were found by EMT's responding to a guy who fell down outside a bar and
    b) Exploding Car Three wasn't stopped at all, and the perp was apprehended by a guy who tackled him on the scene.
    Orwell's Revenge will have to wait, I fear.

Draft saved Draft deleted