1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giving homeless people beer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, May 23, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No, he didn't give them Old Style.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I get hit up for change a fair amount. And when I'm feeling generous, I stop and say, "Okay, but first, you have to tell me a joke."

Nobody gets a free ride. Not in westcoastvol's America.

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Did you get into her box?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's awesome. Until they beat the crap out of you.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

There are always loads of homeless types hanging around the Rogers Centre after Jays' games. One day I'm leaving with a buddy and this guy asks "Spare change?" My buddy stops and says, "No thanks. I've got plenty."

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So I tell this story at dinner Friday night.
    Amongst those at the table were two judges and the local D.A., who dropped his head into his hands and just said, "no."
    Then muttered something about how he didn't actually hear it. One of the judges thought it was hilarious.
    On the karma front, I need to give a beerless person a home.
    So after hooking up with said PR girl on Friday night, don't ask on Saturday if she's down with being a f***buddy and not anything else since you aren't interested in dating her.
    The response you'll get is tears and being called a sorry human being for not wanting to date someone you just got, umm, done with.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

We're goin' ridin' on the freeway of love
    Wind's against our back
    Goin' ridin' on the freeway of love
    In my pink cadillac
    Goin' ridin' on the freeway of love
    Wind's against our back
    Ain't we ridin' on the freeway of love
    In my pink Cadillac?

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The bible has a clear injunction on giving attention to one's good works, but I gave a bum $10 a few years ago, and I'm still not sure I really even did him right. "Bro, can you spare me some change," slurs he. "I can get you but I'd like you to cross the street there and spend it on many of the Southern food groups." I gave him the $10 only after I accompanied his stanky ass in there and watched him order a meal, from an adjoining table. Of course, he wanted the beer and the smokes (I gave him several of those, too), but sometimes things are more important.

Draft saved Draft deleted