1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Give That Desker A Raise

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 3, 2008.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Our slot would find a cheaper pun, or an even older reference, and replace something that's great with something terrible.

2. I had no idea this thread had the potential for a) pissing contests, or b) expressions of abject misery about the places we work.
    Kill me now.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Apparently, that's the norm anymore. Don't led worthwhile debate get in the way of a good slugfest, eh?

4. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Ours would look at the picture and use obvious words to play off the photo.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Oh, c'mon Fen. You've been here long enough to know every thread includes pissing contests, noobs being put in their place and bitching about the workplace.
    Can't have SJ without it.

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

Great hed -- except the competition was in South Korea.

7. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

Damn, forgot that myself. I was staring at your incredible 15K posts (you stay inside every day?) and your wonderful little tittie pix.

Nothing wrong with noobs, Petty. We get to rag on miserable blog whores like yourself.

As The Great One said: Suck it, Trebek.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

THAT'S a beef worth getting into with those yahoos.

9. Alan Trubow

Alan Trubow New Member

My favorite headline still goes to the Chicago Tribune after the Bartmann incident.

Double decked it read (if I remember correctly)

THE MITT
    HITS THE FAN

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I've seen much better.

One one level, it simply doesn't work.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you'll last about another week, trollboy.

and don't forget, douche, that your IP address gets whacked when you get whacked ... which means your other screen name goes with it. also, don't get your shit into a knot because you're not smart enough to use the modify profile function at this site. i'm sorry your momma never called you sunny.

Draft saved Draft deleted