1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Give newly single Wicked relationship/dating advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Dec 9, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm practically broke. Her wish to receive a "romantical" (sic) gift from me would've ran up the credit-card statement. (The fact that she thought she could get away with saying that non-word to a grammar Nazi like me should've finished things right there.)

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It's been almost 20 years since I was involved in anything like this, but Frank's right: If you force it, it almost always ends poorly.

My .02 worth:

First, do what interests you. Hike a section of the Appalachian Trail (or whatever trail is near you), make your own beer, learn to cook (or cook better), barnstorm to all the national monuments, read the classics you've been putting off reading, learn to woodwork, join the community chorus ... or whatever. Whatever you're interested in, if you pursue it, you'll meet people with similar interests. Some of them may even be hot.

Second, stay away from girls on whom you can see the whites all the way around their irises. Little known sign of psychosis. No matter how much they act like the sun rises and sets in your pants, there are going to be knives involved at some point.

[did i just say that?]

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Good advice, as was avoiding the science fiction section.
    As a new PT employee of a bookstore, I'd also recommend avoiding the Wedding section.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Read Pringle's thread.

Burn your cell phone.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Mike: Okay, so what if I don't want to give up on her?
    Rob: You don't call.
    Mike: But you said I don't call if I wanted to give up on her.
    Rob: Right.
    Mike: So I don't call either way?
    Mike: So what's the difference?
    Rob: There is no difference right now. See, Mike, the only difference between giving up and not giving up is if you take her back when she wants to come back. But you can't do anything to make her want to come back. In fact, you can only do stuff to make her not want to come back.
    Mike: So the only difference is if I forget about her or just pretend to forget about her?
    Mike: Well that sucks.
    Rob: Yeah, it sucks.
    Mike: So it's just like a retroactive decision, then? I mean I could, like, forget about her and then when she comes back make like I just pretended to forget about her?
    Rob: Right. Although probably more likely the opposite.
    Mike: What do you mean?
    Rob: I mean at first you're going to pretend to forget about her, you'll not call her, I don't know, whatever... but then eventually, you really will forget about her.
    Mike: Well what if she comes back first?
    Rob: Mmmm... see, that's the thing, is somehow they know not to come back until you really forget.
    Mike: There's the rub.
    Rob: There's the rub.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Never release any bodily gasses or fluids in the presence of your new squeeze.

You are welcome.

7. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Don't look at high schools or malls.

But you've met me twice, so you already knew that.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

CR's protecting his turf

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Or bar doorgirls.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, those you SHOULD hit on.

You just don't.

11. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Ahhhh, the Irish Embassy's very attractive Stephanie.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You had to rub it in. Again.

Draft saved Draft deleted