1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Give me someone to root for in the Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Really, just whores? You didn't find "murderous" to be a slightly peculiar description for a women's volleyball team?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Someone needs to tell that if she wants a commentator to represent the team, she should try out for the Yankees.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Eh, I kind of like it. I love that Hope says what's on her mind.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS.. HOPE SOLO IS A BITCH!!!!

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Clubhouse leader for post of the thread.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I like it when athletes speak their minds, but it can still be a bit disappointing when you learn that their minds are largely empty.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Australia has a women's table tennis player named Miao Miao.

If she pronounces her name the way I hope she does then I'm rooting for her.

8. PCLoadLetter

Aww.. Hope's just looking out for the fans!

"Its important 2 our fans 2 enjoy the spirit of the olympics.Its not possible when sum1 on air is saying that a player is the worst defender! "

"I feel bad 4 our fans that have 2 push mute, especially bc @arlowhite is fantastic.@brandichastain should be helping 2 grow the sport #fb"

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Brandi Chastain taking off her jersey grew the game more than Solo could ever do playing goalie.

10. PCLoadLetter

Yeah, Chastain and her teammates established women's soccer in the US. To whine about needing to "grow the sport" is pathetic. Hope Solo has a career because of what Chastain and her teammates accomplished.

You're in the Olympics. Your profile is high enough to be a contestant on "Dancing With the Stars." At some point you can no longer expect people to pat you on the head and give you a cookie for being a girl playing sports. You are going to be judged on performance.

And how exactly does Hope Solo know what Chastain said during the MSNBC broadcast of today's game?

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

She should hook up with Chinese trampoline gymnast Dong Dong.

http://www.london2012.com/athlete/dong-dong-1067271/

12. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted