1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Give me a memorable write-in vote for the GOP primary

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Jan 23, 2012.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Just saw this.

Thanks. ... I think.

Problem is, I'm not a Republican. Although if you are going to write a name in, I guess that doesn't matter. So, in the mold of George Washington, I will accept anyone's write in vote begrudgingly and without ambition, but as a call to duty that I must accept for the love of my country.

What I would love to do (but never will) is be the force behind a grass roots "individual rights" movement that is intelligent, independent, impervious somehow from being corrupted by interests that can buy off the "party's" political candidates, and could actually get people elected without pandering and using our government to hand out advantages and favors.

That obviously doesn't describe the Republican or Democratic parties, and them is the choices.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Since we've forgotten the point at which Ragu first came up in this thread

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I guess the alternative is to write in Dooley Womack. And then write it in again. And again. And again. And again. Same write in vote over and over again, until he sets a record for write in votes.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not when BYH is on the ballot!

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I hear Brad Renfro was good in the Iowa Caucus.

6. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Goddamn it Ragu, after reading this ... you're really running, aren't you?

7. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

[​IMG]

Since we are picking Republicans, Budd Dwyer would like to say "hi" but he was taught not to speak with his mouth full.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Was going to go with Pickle Juice but got beat to it, so I'll nominate pancakes with crispy bacon.

Draft saved Draft deleted