1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Give Larry Coker credit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If we don't know what they did, we can't give Coker credit. It could have warranted worse punishment.

I'm just saying we don't know.

What's the over-under on points in this game now? 10?

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Did Coker come out at the ACC meetings to say he was banning or "discouraging" was the word he used, all his players from carrying guns and other forms of contraband?

Wonder if the suspensions have to do with something along those lines?

Steve Spurrier suspended a bunch of his (of course, this is the Cocks we're talking about, not UM-FSU) kids after they stole computers and such.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

One could say Spurrier didn't have any choice. But with the exception of his stupid appeal to give the athletes one more strike before being tossed out of school for drug use, he's otherwise been pretty good about attempting to clean up the Chicken Coop. It's a long battle, but the number of wins might exceed the number of other news stories out of Columbia sometime soon.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

True. Holtz's teams were full of thugs. One of the more thuggish players on the team I covered at the time said something like "I wouldn't hang out with those guys." One of my best buddies was in school there at the time and said he'd just leave bars when a big group of them came in.

5. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he only "discouraged" them from carrying guns on campus. Now, on South Beach, that's a whole different story I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted