1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Give it a rest, WWL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FishHack76, Aug 30, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to the 25-hour pre-game show, but hearing coaches call in without video at 3:30 EDT wasn't very riveting, and the flow was broken by the other programs ESPN cut it up with. I would have had live video cut-ins throughout with fans getting their tailgate parties going, etc. They had some of it in spots, but not enough to remain interesting. If ESPN really wants to do something for college footbal they should broker better games on the opening weekend. I miss the Kickoff-Classic and the like. Bring em back.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Well Tennessee won by 17 with Ainge healthy, so I'm assuming his injury adds more intrigue.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The 25-hour online chat was a cool. The roster included players, analysts, several newspaper writers from different parts of the country. I would say putting the 3-6 a.m. shift on the espn.com college fb editor was "cheating" a little (put on a coach who is awake at that time, it wouldn't be hard to find one), but overall a fine idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted