1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls Soccer: Tapout Style

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by farmerjerome, Mar 29, 2012.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A few questions and comments...

Was that an intentional trip? For those football folks among us, that was at least a yellow, right? In no way was she going for the ball.

All we are going off of is a 15-second clip of bad soccer. We do not know if the game got out of hand or not before this play.

That said, it is never correct to hit in anger. That's exactly what she did.

But, if you could see some of the hellish environments children grow up with in their "homes," you would not be surprised to see this type of reaction. Children are not born with violence in them, they see violence and imitate it.

Oh, assault and jail is the proper recourse. I know I am all over the place, as usual, but that is what I thought (other than a snarky joke) when I watched this.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I come to this site because there is so much information to learn.

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

bad camera angle so it's not clear, but yes, it looks like McCoulough got past the defender and No. 4 deliberately tripped her. and yes, the proper response is to turn around and look at the ref to lobby for a booking which it seems there ought to have been in this case, but as a previous poster mentioned, we don't know if the officials had been letting this go all game.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is Momjeans the coach of the dark jersey team?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You only cover us when we go girl-on-girl

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

At least she didn't lie on the pitch and pretend to writhe in pain.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No Justice, No Peace?

Draft saved Draft deleted