1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls Soccer: Tapout Style

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by farmerjerome, Mar 29, 2012.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Parents aren't allowed to punish their children properly anymore.

If you spank them, you are a physical abuser.

If you yell at them, you are an emotional abuser.

If you don't do anything, you are considered a neglect parent.

You can't win.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Damn it, if ONLY the attacker had been beaten more she would never have done this.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's not just kids.

My station's media league softball team got into a bench-clearing brawl last night.

Some people are assholes.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

People were completely peaceful back in the old days...

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I would bet that physical punishment in response to transgression is more prevalent in the attacker's family culture.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That is some shit soccer. Those girls look like they were playing at half speed.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

My first thought, too.

9. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

I'm curious as to what happened leading up to that rampage. I've only seen something close to similar once, and it was a scenario in which a player was being hacked all game without the whistle being blown. He finally got taken down from behind by one player and ended up crashing into another player, with all three of them landing on the ground.

The guy who was getting hacked all game got up and kicked the wrong guy in the ribs, breaking three of them. He was sent off, the player with the broken ribs was given a yellow card, and the broken-ribs kid's coach was also sent off after he went berserk and threatened to beat up the 16-year-old rib kicker.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There was a teammate of the beaten girl within 10 feet to the right when the beating occurred. Never saw her again in the picture.

Another teammate came over to watch, and wait for the fatass mom to do something.

Everything looked sloth-like... the soccer, helping out the fallen teammate... much more disturbing than the beatdown.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Mine, as well.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I wonder what has become of Elizabeth Lambert.

Draft saved Draft deleted