1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

girls beating another girl on video

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2007/01/17/564522.html&cvqh=itn_teengirls

1). Is this a d_b?
    2). What's this sudden phenomenon of posting videos of assault and battery on the Internet? Why don't they just post a signed confession with the video while they're at it?
    3). I know these are kids so that probably makes this question moot, but if you're a defense attorney, how do you get somebody acquitted after they've done a video like this?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Girls are vicious, vicious creatures. I've seen shit like this over boys before (and I know it was over boys b/c it was on Olbermann tonight). They're only freshmen in HS, so hopefully they just stick them into a juvenile program.

Girls have always been incredibly mean creatures. We just get away with it because we tend to beat on each other as opposed to pulling weapons and stabbing or shooting somebody.

3. Smallpotatoes

But putting a video of it on the Internet is just plain stupid. I thought the whole idea was to not get caught.

4. sportschick

People will put anything on the Internet. Not saying it's smart, just that that's what folks do these days.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Forget the fight, the fact that someone posted it on both YouTube and MySpace bothers me.

Helping the girl should have come at the same moment someone else called the cops ... unless the person who shot the footage happened to be with the attackers, in which case that would never happen and the Internet clip would still bother me because they wanted others to see what they did to the girl they jumped.

6. Smallpotatoes

So the whole idea of putting it on YouTube and Myspace was just to tell everyone "Don't fuck with us"?
    But the video can also be used against you in a court of law.

7. sportschick

If what the reporter on Olbermann said was right, there were lots of folks standing around and nobody helped.

This clip bugs the hell out of me. Some people are just evil.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

You're right, but I have the feeling these are not students from the honors program.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Exactly. Those kids probably thought it was cool or funny to post a video like that. These are kids. Even the smartest ones sometimes don't think.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to the good old days when the queen bee would just freeze her out?

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

How will we ever end this vicious cycle of girl-on-girl crime?

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

While the video was plenty bothersome, I was more irked by the local TV news' decision to air it without warning. Asshats.

Draft saved Draft deleted