1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

girls basketball losing streak record?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by azom, Mar 28, 2009.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

My suggestion: Contact Eric Maddy at eric.maddy@latimes.com.

Seriously, the guy is a high school stats guru. I believe he even goes by Eric Maddy, stat guru, on the paper's prep blog.

He will have the answer for you. Or, if he doesn't, he will get it, probably within minutes.

2. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

No doubt, Van Nostrand. That's why I preface it with "According to GaSports.com ..." However, if you follow the link, you'll see that they actually have almost fully complete schedules for Cross Keys and pretty much all the scores provided. It's possible a game is missing here or there, and that's why I wouldn't use it as the ultimate authority. But I see nothing obviously missing from Cross Keys' schedules from the past few years. Which is surprising, considering how bad that team has been.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Perry novak, who was working for the oneida daily dispatch last I knew, does a lot with new york teams, may be a help for some perspective in other states.

4. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Bettsville (Ohio) lost 122 games in a row from 1985-86 through the first game of the 1991-92 season. I don't know Bettsville's record from before the 1985-86 season because I got my information from the league's recordbook and the league didn't start until then.
    Bettsville won the second game of the 1991-92 season, then lost the next 110.
    The Bobcats lost their first 222 league games before getting their first league victory in early 2007.

5. Heard from Doug Huff a few days ago ...
    Wolcott Tech (Torrington, Conn.) has the record for the nation's longest streak.
    Azom 63 ain't even close.
    Wolcott's streak? Try 19 years totalling 265 games, dating all the waaay back to 1990.
    This season Wolcott ended the streak with a win in Dec. en route to a 3-17 season.

A link to an article on the end of the streak
    http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2009/01/01/sports/hoopzone/doc494b311a7a9af042291123.txt

6. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Had a hunch 63 wasn't within miles and miles of a national record.

Draft saved Draft deleted