1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls...as friends?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jakewriter82, Feb 17, 2008.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Nice find, 'beetus.

I acknowledge and agree that it is possible to be friends with the opposite sex ... many of my closest friends throughout my life have been guys, and I definitely trust a lot more of my guy friends with my life than my girl friends. Surprisingly, right now my four best friends (yeah, I have four) are all female.

However, it doesn't mean that there aren't any romantic feelings involved. But sometimes you just have to survey the situation, and the people involved, and suck up those feelings if you a) aren't sure they would be returned and b) don't want to risk the friendship if they aren't. (and c) are afraid of rejection anyway, so why would you want to be rejected by a good friend?)

It's the choking down those feelings part that sucks. Anybody got any tips? I could actually use some right now.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

One of my good friends is a woman. We hung out, dated and eventually decided that we make better friends than lovers. I haven't thought about her sexually -- great rack and all -- since.

But I can't lie. The bud with boobs dynamic has backfired a few times, where you misread something as more than friendship and wreck the relationship for good.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Most of my close friends have been girls (I'm a guy). My very best friend, a girl. Three of my four best friends have bewbs.

It's just how it worked out. I was raised by a mother with assistance from my grandmother, an aunt and a female babysitter, so I don't have an issue with feeling deep affection for women for reasons other than your traditional boy-girl ones.

Plus all the broads with whom I've been friends have been way way way way WAY out of my league (yes, you too), so it's not really an issue because I know my place.

Or maybe I'm actually a girl, based on how 40 percent of drive-thru workers tell me to pull up to the first window, ma'am (I'm a guy).

Draft saved Draft deleted