1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls...as friends?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jakewriter82, Feb 17, 2008.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Pardon the late-night thread starting, but reading the "cute" thread got me thinking....is it possible for a guy and a girl to be friends? If having sex isn't possible based on situational factors, can you, if you're a guy, be friends with a female?

Whenever I'm talking to a gal, though, I always find that in the back of my head that possibility that she wants to rip my clothes off and sodomize me where I'm standing. Usually doesn't happen, but it's nice knowing it could. :)

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

You saw When Harry Met Sally, right?

That's men and women in a nutshell.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Women can be friends with men, not so sure it works the other way.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wait, the first thing you think of when a girl wants to rip off your clothes, is she wants to sodomize you?

Make sure you have plenty of toothpaste. Got to keep that shit pearly white.

5. jakewriter82

How is it that women have the ability to turn off the "rawr" switch, while men can't so much?

Can a guy get a girl to turn the switch back on even if it's been turned off for a while? Or is it all up to her?

6. sportschick

This is among the funniest things ever posted on here.

7. sportschick

Most women view the world differently from men. We aren't hard-wired to spread out seed to as many members of the opposite sex as possible.

And a friendship can turn into a relationship.

8. jakewriter82

Well, sodomize as the "uncontrollable animal sex" definition, not the "I'll take it in the rear" definition. But I'd definitely need the toothpaste. :p

9. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

It's possible, but I say it takes one of two circumstances. Either you know a female through mutual friends and you're around her enough to get to know she's cool even if she's not physically attractive, or you wanted to get with her from Day One but it never happened for whatever reason and you got to the point where you're just friends. I have female friends stemming from both scenarios.

10. Is it possible? Yes.
    However, I think any guy who is friends with a girl that is attractive will always have thoughts of being with her.
    I just don't buy the whole "I think of her like a sister" thing unless perhaps you grew up with the girl. Otherwise, it's a bullshit line used to keep her guard down while you try to weasel your way in.
    My wife and I were friends first for years, BTW.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Considering "I'll take it in the rear" is the legal definition of sodomize, I think the word you're looking for is "ravish."

12. jakewriter82

Thanks, I was thinking that when I posted it. Ravish is the better word.

Draft saved Draft deleted