1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl Problems II: Help the College Boy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Apex, Nov 28, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Actually, don't agree with the addition.

An incredible number of women are 1) dumb (they see the wolf in a ridiculous sheep costume and still fall for it), or 2) bigger dogs than any man you know.

The sad pyschology of the man/woman game is that there are women who will be all over you BECAUSE you are a cheating dog. Depending on the woman, it either feeds her compulsive need to be treated like shit, or as bad as you think you are dogging her, she's laughing her ass off at dogging you worse and she doesn't give a shit how much you are cheating. I know a lot of guys feasting their way through life on women like these--both types. In fact, I think it's easier to find those women that it is to find a woman actually worth giving a damn about.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

What I was going to say.

All bad jokes aside on this thread, it's pretty obvious you care about her, to be willing to stick your neck out and 'fess up on a matter like this. If she's long-term material, perhaps The One, tell her. Don't try to downplay it or rationalize it, but let her know exactly what happened.

Good luck, and keep having fun in Chapel Hill (just not that kind of fun if you're with someone else).

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Thought about that when I was typing, it Stretch. Just my code. I'd honestly rather get dumped than preserve a relationship that I had to lie to protect. Don't offer it up. But be honest if you are confronted. If you are getting asked direct questions you're fucked either way. At that point, better to be honest. From his original post--remember, someone's advice was to "grow a pair,"--my thought was that if he is feeling this guilty over making out with a girl, no way he can handle the guilt of lying.

4. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

I agree with you Ragu - I think the guilt of lying might haunt Apex more than the guilt of cheating.

Well said.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Women are evil in every way.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The guilt may haunt him forever? What is this, an episode of 90210? Christ.

He made out with a chick in his car. Somehow I think quoting Aristotle is a bit much, don't you think?

But maybe you're right. Maybe, like Emma Bovary, he should just chug some arsenic and get it over with. Oh the horror of deceit.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you didn't finish on the grill,
    you don't have to spill.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is an interesting situation, though.

If the girlfriend knows nothing and Apex keeps his trap shut, is he lying?

If Apex -- wracked by guilt -- confesses his makeout session, is he being honest or unfairly downloading his guilt onto his girlfriend?

I'm with the trap shut crowd, but agree with Ragu. If asked, tell the truth.

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

If she asks, deny, deny, deny.

That is until she wips out her cell phone while seated in the restaurant with you and calls the other girl.

Not as if that's happened to me before.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And thus your moniker was born.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[/quote]
    Sadly, the female psychology described above is all too common among younger women. However, I might add as a hopeful postscript that many women get over their asshole-dude fetish (those that had one to begin with) by the time they reach their early 30s.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not all of us :p

Draft saved Draft deleted