1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl Problems II: Help the College Boy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Apex, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe the yellow drapes avatar confused the issue.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sorry. I forgot to look for the ass goiter first.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't know your girlfriend, but I am older and wiser than you, so listen. ;D

In 99 out of 100 cases like this, it is best to keep your mouth shut. You can pretty much live your life by Jimmy Conway's code in Goodfellas:

Look at me, Apex:

1) Never rat on your friends
    2) Always keep your mouth shut.

More bad than good can come from running off at the mouth over this. As bad as you feel, it wasn't sex. You just swapped some spit. Confess to that and you run two big risks that aren't worth the salve to your conscience: 1) you may kill the relationship, or 2) you might come out of it with your girlfriend, but having to pay a pennance much greater than the crime.

So follow the advice someone else gave. STAY QUIET. But if you ever get asked a direct question, be honest.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Just keep your mouth shut. You didn't f*** the other girl. You're not having an ongoing affair. There is NO reason to fess up.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Can I adopt you, fmrsped, as my new personal god?

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

You can ease your guilt by telling her, but then you are easing your guilt at her expense. The guilt is yours, it belongs to you. Suffer a little and forget about it.

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

3) She'll tell every single friend and woman who will listen that you are scum and you'll strike out with any girl within ear shot of your what would be ex.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

9. sportschick

Yea, that too. Women are evil that way :D

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

SC, that side sig looks like a chart from a cardiologist's exam room. :-X

11. sportschick

They're shoes, dammit!

But since you're the second guy to tell me that, I'm changing it.

12. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

So you're telling the kid to keep this info to himself unless she calls him on it? And how should he then respond to her question "Why didn't you tell me this when it happened?"

Which is the worse sin - making out with somebody else or not being honest about it?

That's one of the big problems in this world - nobody wants to accept responsibility for their actions any more...they want to have their cake and eat it too. Don't do the crime if you're not willing to do the time. You made a mistake - admit it, accept the consequences and move on.

Apex, the strength of any relationship is honesty. How many other things are you going to keep from this girl? You'll start keeping a list of "things not to tell her" and before long, you'll get busted on one of them. Then she'll ask "what else have you been hiding from me?" At that point, its Game Over.

If you care for this girl like you say you do, you should be up front and honest with her.

To quote from Aristotle: The least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold.

Draft saved Draft deleted