1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl missing for a year found in neighbor's home

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

67 when i looked. 90 percent of which were dolts not worthy of breathing air intended for someone else.

2. CNN has AP story saying the org. doesn't release name of victims, but the girls' picture - with name - is right beside the story.
    Sheesh.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

How come no one in the Hartford media asked why we haven't heard of this missing girl a while ago? Granted you don't run every 14-year old runaway, but after 3-months, 6-months, where is the police getting the media involved. The cops went to the house to look for DNA evidence, thinking the worst. The guy was apparently a family friend, but if she was being held there against her will, why wasn't anybody charged with kidnapping?

4. every time I read something like this, my naive faith in humanity dies a slow, painful death.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you read between the lines, it sounds like she wasn't held there against her will. Sounds like she may have been hiding in the room from the cops.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

We ran the story without her name and without her photo. I think we are in the distinct minority there.

Draft saved Draft deleted