1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl missing for a year found in neighbor's home

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jun 6, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Strange.

Also strange is how they tied the story of the girl in Kansas who was kidnapped after leaving Target (on the continuation) into this one. Kind of a non-sequitur IMO.

3. http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-girl-found-0606,0,2035002.story?coll=hc-big-headlines-breaking

I love the mugshots of the accused, and the reactions from their neighbors.

Something else...read the comments that people have left (61 as of this post) for this story. I will never, ever, ever, ever understand people, such as the one who suggested she was a willing participant.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's fucked up.

If I had to bet a Hartford suburb that would house such loons, I would have put all my $$$ on East Hartford.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

New Britain (granted, not really a suburb) and Newington would also be likely candidates.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good call.

Also nowhere near a suburb of Hartford, but I would have bet Norwich before I would have bet West Hartford.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

You're right its not a suburb of Hartford...yet I thought it qualified because of its relative proximity (they don't call it hard hittin' New Britain for nothing). But you are right about West Hartford; certainly would not have bet on it.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

West Hartford is nice, even on right on the border with Hartford. Bloomfield isn't that hot.

I heard a new one the other day to go with Hard Hittin' New Britain. Pistol Wavin' New Haven.

9. clarkington

clarkington Member

Maxine and Amy Gray are on the case. Everything's gonna be OK.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Nice to see Jim Kuykendall's name in the paper.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Active Member

West Hartford is nice, even on right on the border with Hartford. Bloomfield isn't that hot.

I heard a new one the other day to go with Hard Hittin' New Britain. Pistol Wavin' New Haven.

That road is about 30 seconds from Newington...Its also near Hard Hittin and the Hartford's South End. Used to live nearby. Its really the DMZ between the crap and "the real West Hartford." And yeah, there are about a dozen other places in CT I would imagine something like this would happen before West Hartford.

12. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Here's a question:
    Did you run this story, and if so, did you run her name and/or picture?

Because it's extremely likely she was a victim of some sort of sex crime.

Draft saved Draft deleted