1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl kidnapped 18 years ago resurfaces; they got the kidnappers, too

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 27, 2009.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Strange story and I want to learn more details. With the two kids never having been to a doctor or a school, I'm concerned.

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Outstanding google work.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Wow, you can see the compound clearly. That's some fucked up shit.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

This guy'll be found hanging in his cell before he gets to trial. He knows what's coming.

5. The No. 7

The No. 7 Member

I can't believe that Google map, or the stories I've been reading about how the sheriff's deputy barely did anything about the neighbors' calls. It was like she was hidden in plain view this whole time.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's what I am wondering. Crazy, crazy shit.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Go to the street view and I can't tell much. But in the street view, everything looks dusty like it's the high desert, which I know Antioch isn't.

ADD: I know why now — Antioch was built on top of sand dunes; it lies next to the Sacramento River estuary.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Speaking of Google Street View, see that Dodge hoopty van in the driveway? That's Garrido. He appears to have followed the GSV camera car for a couple of blocks after it went by his house.

Story from The Register
    Story from Boing-Boing
    Flickr set

And Garrido blogged: http://www.boingboing.net/2009/08/28/the-blog-of-philip-g.html
    http://voicesrevealed.blogspot.com/

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sadly I know the area well as I went to school nearby. That is a backwoods part of a backwoods kind of town. Stinks for the town of Antioch.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted