1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl arrested for swearing on 911 call

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D.Sanchez, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I heard more profanity than that the last three days over the phone. And, rest assured, if I had reacted like that, I'd be on the street.

While the young woman was out of line, in the context of the incident as a whole, deal with the situation at hand, then worry about some inappropriate language. Can that official really be at that job for better than 20 years and making better than $60,000? Where do I sign? Again, I put up with worse than that in just the last few days, and I assure you I'm nowhere near that income bracket.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Crap, Starman, did you even bother to watch the clip? Because that is not what happened. The only thing she said at the beginning was "what the fuck" a moment BEFORE the call was answered. It was NOT personally directed at him. He was the first one who became personally combative and he was the one who kept hanging up on her.

I fail to see how anyone can believe the girl is more at fault than the cop here. No, she did not handle it well (especially when she opened the 3rd call by threatening to sue), but she was a frightened immature teenage girl in the midst of what was likely the most stressful moment of her life. Whereas he's supposed to be the professional trained to handle emergency situations, he could not have handled those calls any worse. And then to later handcuff and arrest her on a phony charge that does not even exist is miles beyond outrageous.

That guy needs to be fired ASAP. That personality type has no business working anywhere near emergency situations.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Which, again, is not what happened.

She called, said "What the fuck?" starting BEFORE he answered. He said "911." She said "I need an ambulance at ..." and he said "First of all you don't need to swear over 911 and slow down" and yet, it was slow enough for him to have gotten the address that he eventually sent on down the line SIX MINUTES LATER.

It's like you just read the title of the thread, and start ranting.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

And what a surprise that he did.

His name shouldn't be Starman.....Loonie Ranty McRantmaster is more like it. ::)

5. Raisin Ham

Raisin Ham Member

fixed

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Holy crap, that was exceedingly well played!! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted