1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl arrested for swearing on 911 call

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D.Sanchez, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of manners, it's a manner of functionality. The dispatcher didn't even get a chance to find out what the hell was wrong before the dumb bitch launches into "fuck this" and "fuck that" and "fuck you."

Is there any particular evidence the cop hung up first, and not this dim-witted white-trash bitch who IMMEDIATELY launched into, not "help my father," but "oh boy are you in trouble now, you're gonna get sued."

You realize, you're dealing with a subset of society for whom one of the ultimate goals of life is to find somebody to sue.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

But if you're a cop, you're the subset of society that's counted on to find a way to help people while in the middle of the shit pile. If you can't do that, you should do something else.

Yeah, that girl is a dumbass. It doesn't change the fact that her dad was on the ground in distress. Cops have to overcome. That's what they do. I am an expert because I have watched a lot of "Cops".

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Sara<b>h</b> and <b>me.</b>

I think the real issue was she couldn't stand your spotty spelling and grammar skills.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I can understand that in an extremely stressful situation such as that, the kid might not have had the presence of mind of refrain from swearing. The 911 operator's job in that situation should have been to calm her down to the point where she could give him the information he needed. It didn't seem like he made any effort to do that. If he just could have said "OK, calm down, take a deep breath, what is your emergency?" when she called the first time, this problem wouldn't have happened.
    Didn't this guy have any training?
    I hope those bogus charges were dropped.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

So you didn't actually watch the video or listen to the audio in which the cop clearly hung up on the girl not once, not twice, but three times?

And yet you can still feel comfortable calling her a "dim-witted white-trash bitch"?? Even if you did watch the video, on what do you base the characterization of her as white trash?

Starman, you are an incredibly angry and judgmental person - do you pay someone to piss in your cereal every morning just to facilitate your irrational attitudes toward life?

Or is this all just an act that you put on for our benefit?

Either way, you are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Seek help......and hopefully you get a kinder response than this girl received from this so-called servant and protector of the public.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

This is the same video, a little bit longer, and at the end the reporter reveals that the cop has received a two-week vacation without pay, and he'll also have some training to do when he gets back to work.

Unfortunately, the video still isn't long enough - the reporter started talking about an attorney the girl and dad have hired, but it cuts out before it goes into detail.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Wow. You didn't listen to the tape. At least I hope you didn't. This wasn't about the girl or the cop. It was about her dad. Who needed help. I don't care how many F bombs she dropped before or after the call began or she was hung up on...did you really listen to the audio???

8. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I can't imagine people swearing and generally freaking out and being emotional over 911 is at all abnormal. It's not a number you call when things cool and calm in your life. Cops in general have a shit job because they have to deal with people at their worst, but they're trained to handle it (and most I've met do an admirable job of keeping their heads when faced with assy behavior). This guy doesn't even have to deal with these people in person. It's inexcusable.

9. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

NSFW:

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Wow. What a disgusting situation -- can't imagine how anyone can blame the girl in that situation, especially a 17-year-old. Yeah, she didn't stay focused on her dad, but he's coming off brain surgery, is having a seizure and the 911 dispatcher scolds you and then hangs up on you? Shiiiiiiit.

Cop's a 20-year veteran? Surely he's dealt with worse than a little profanity from a panicked caller during what was quite clearly a legitimate emergency. Gotta agree with those who say this was probably a fireable offense. To hang up on a 911 caller three times is a severe dereliction of duty, to say the least. Reckless endangerment, at worst. That bullshit explanation to the EMTs just sealed it. "I couldn't transfer her to you." Can't fool the tapes. You hung up because a caller was cursing. Grow the fuck up, Farva.

(And from a journalistic standpoint, man, that TV report had tons of flaws -- in particular, 1) spelling her name wrong, unless it really is "Adrainne" when it's pronounced A-dree-en; other outlets have it as the not-uncommon "Adrianne"; and 2) the graphic of the police chief's direct quote read "not our finest hour," when the video clearly showed he said "not our finest moment". That's sloppy. ... And, man, do I hate that type of Jeremy-Schaap-popping-out-of-the-bushes stalker "journalism" with the camera at the cop's house. No need for that shit. Hate it.)

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Outstanding job.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I bet I won't, if I dial the phone and immediately launch into "fuck this, fuck that, fuck you," and then call back and start off with "I want your name so I can sue you. Oh by the way my dad is having a seizure, but never mind that you fucker, give me your name so I can file a complaint. Oh yeah, I'm gonna call the teevee station too, you fucking fucker."

Draft saved Draft deleted