1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl arrested for swearing on 911 call

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D.Sanchez, Jul 16, 2009.

1. SigR

SigR Member

As I lurk on these boards, I rarely even read your posts given your propensity to big-shot tough-guy everything, and I don't think I've ever directly replied to one.

I just wanted to point out that I thought that your response to this was disgusting and that I doubt I'm alone in thinking it.

And my personal opinion: the girl didn't do anything wrong. The officer should be fired, even if it was his first offense. He's there to serve the public, not to give lessons in manners when someone's life is at stake.

2. WS

WS Member

You're not alone.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Neither of you are.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yep.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Proper procedure:

1. Ignore the swearing, get the information about the emergency.

2. Dispatch help.

3. Give the foul-mouthed but cute girl a good spanking.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Holy crap.

She's a panicked, frightened, clearly immature 17-year-old. But he's a veteran cop, and not only should he be able to deal with it, it's his fucking job. Cops encounter the unsophisticated, the ignorant and the distressed all day long. The average patrol officer sees worse than that girl every day.

The cop should not only be fired, they should consider charging him with reckless endangerment.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

She is cute, isn't she? And there is something about dirty, cute girls who like to swear. :D

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

And he should be sued for citing the girl with an "abusing 911" charge that doesn't even exist. Power trip much, officer??

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I find Sara Silverman very attractive, but she's not half my age.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

She's 38. How old <i>are</i> you?

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The difference is that Silverman is smart -- this girl, I'm thinking not so much.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm 83, that's why it didn't work out between Sara and I.

Draft saved Draft deleted