1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gingrich: Yes, I had an affair, and it was during the Clinton impeachment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Mar 8, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Let's see how this gets spun...

Gingrich Had Affair During Clinton Probe
    WASHINGTON (AP) _ Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich acknowledged he was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair, he acknowledged in an interview with a conservative Christian group. "The honest answer is yes," Gingrich, a potential 2008 Republican presidential candidate, said in an interview with Focus on the Family founder James Dobson to be aired Friday, according to a transcript provided to The Associated Press. "There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards. There's certainly times when I've fallen short of God's standards."

2. And I'm sure Dobson just let the pitch sail on by.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Impeach him.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fixed.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's really a shame that he and Guliani won't end up as running mates. Six marriages between them.

Guliani has his first marriage annulled because he finds out they're second cousins. His second marriage falls apart because he's boning a staff member, and his wife won't attend any events with him or her, and eventually he calls a press conference to announce he's seperating from his wife, but doesn't tell her first. He then parades his new girlfriend in front of the cameras and tries to have his wife evicted from the executive mansion.

Gingrich marries his high school sweetheart, but cheats on her throughout their marriage, getting only blow jobs because it somehow gives him deniability in his mind that he's committing a sin. He then tells her divorcing her while she's in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery. He gets married again, but cheats on his second wife, all the while condeming Bill Clinton for his moral failings, and divorces her in 1999. Lastly he marries a congressional aide who is 23 years his junior.

No wonder the Clinton's phony marriage makes so many on the right so angry. In their eyes, he should ditched her right after he lost his re-election big for governor in 1980.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We didn't need this story to know that Gingrich is a shit.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He's a Newt, and he won't get better.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

What a douchebag. Pot, meet kettle.

9. "I drew a line in my mind that said, 'Even though I run the risk of being deeply embarrassed, and even though at a purely personal level I am not rendering judgment on another human being, as a leader of the government trying to uphold the rule of law, I have no choice except to move forward and say that you cannot accept ... perjury in your highest officials."

What a piece of shit. First of all, Clinton didn't commit perjury. I know we can argue this, but he was actually correct with his "meaning of is" argument. According to the definition they gave him, he didn't have sex with Lewinsky, she had sex with him (it's semantics, I know, but most of the law is semantics -- and the man was a lawyer and I think most would agree a brilliant mind). It's not his fault they were too stupid to ask the right questions.
    But even if you say he did commit perjury, what about our current president lying about 100 million times to create a case to go to war? I don't see shitheads like Gingrich making the argument now that he should be impeached -- in fact, they call those who blame Bush for the thousands of deaths from this causeless war crazy for calling for his impeachment.
    Mark my words -- Clinton will be treated better and better by history (and already is) and Bush and all of Gingrich's witch hunters will be treated awful by history (which is becoming more clear each day).

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, but that's pretty damn funny.

11. jboy

jboy Guest

I hadn't heard all the details before. Jesus, what a bunch of fucking scumbags. So Gingrich is asking for forgiveness now? Ha! Maybe there's a three-week program to cleanse him of his sins the way there's a three-week program to make somebody un-gay (Ted Haggard).

Really? Based on what?

12. I think he really should mention that the wife he dumped had MS, just so we don't confuse her with the wife he dumped when she had cancer.

Draft saved Draft deleted