1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Gimme Shelter" is so freaking awesome

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Feb 26, 2007.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

As noted on another thread long ago, the Cinema Lumiere in Toronto used to screen Gimme Shelter after midnight every Friday. A great hang-out for teens to get high and drunk. Twenty-two screenings of said film--I can recite it. Now own the Criterion DVD and made the Significant Other (aka the Only Real Friend of the Friend of the Friendless) watch it in a constant loop.

YHS, etc

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

FOF I knew there was a reason why I like you

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Satisfaction from Gimmie Shelter is the greatest live recording of any song other than maybe The Who's A Quick One from Rolling Stones' Rock 'n Roll Circus.

4. Must have been inside the Schaefer Circle of Sports.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oscar-winning director Martin Scorsese is joining forces with Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger to make a movie spanning three decades in the music business. Scorsese, 64, who on Sunday won the best director Oscar for "The Departed," will direct "The Long Play" and work with Jagger and the British rocker's business partner Victoria Pearman to produce the film, Paramount Pictures said on Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070228/music_nm/scorsese1_dc_1

6. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Yeah, I think I'll be seeing that one.

7. Boom_70

Counting the days.

8. Please tell me Marty's not going to be doing the interviews.
    He screwed up The Last Waltz so badly that Levon wanted to kill him, Garth came off as a space mutant, and This Is Spinal Tap became possible.

9. Boom_70

I don't care about the interviews. I just don't want to see him singing with Mick.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Who cares what Levon thought about it? That's a good movie.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Levon sells cartoon balloons in town.

12. It's got good music.
    It's a horseshit movie, run by that egomaniac Robbie Robertson, who personaly wrecked The Band, and his coked-up Hollywood pal Marty. And, if you've read Levon's book, or heard him interviewed when he wasn't openly contemptuous of a Hollywood dilettante, you'd know what TLW lacks.

Draft saved Draft deleted