1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gilmore Girls Cancelled

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, May 3, 2007.

1. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Nice. Long live Lennie Briscoe!

My apologies. Back to the thread.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Unspeakably hot.

"Fuck me Santa fuck me Santa."

I like the show, but man, this year has sucked something fierce. I feel bad for Amy Sherman-Palladino. This was her baby for six years and she left the show in a contractual dispute. It's gotta kill her to see what has happened to it. That's Hollywood for you.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I will make a 4th vote for this fact. While IC may be the little brother school in Ithaca, I prefer the women on our side of the hill.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I didn't watch the 2005 season or since, because I didn't want to jump back in the middle. I'll probably rent the other seasons and catch up. I liked the show, but it doesn't surprise me that it's gone downhill. There were some signs of it already when I watched my last episode, and how many times can you watch mom and daughter make terrible decisions about men.

My man card is on the table if somebody wants to take it from me. I will defend my love for the show by saying I just might have been blinded by beauty ... and a subconscious memory of "F-me Santa! F-me Santa!"

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Watching the series finale right now . . . . . . it's a damn slog. Total lack of entertainment.

Man, sometimes it really is time to just drag that old dog to the backyard and put him to sleep.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Would have been so much better if the Palladinos ended it the way they wanted...

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I really liked it, but it was a half step slow because they wanted everyone to have their scene.

I thought that the Luke-Lorelai dynamic was fantastic and the final scene was a nice shout out to the pilot. Emily and Richard were great as usual and Rory was even good. Nice line about how they thought that there would be more time - think they knew that it was series finale?

Bottom line -- once again Lauren Graham brought her Doc Gooden in 1985 game. Over the course of 7 years, one of the finest acting jobs in TV history.

Edit: How did they afford a Bugaboo for Doula? That stroller costs a grand -- must have had a good year with the home jewelry business.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

If you please . . . refresh my memory. Thought the graduation was supposed to be the end, but I'm not sure.

9. Webster

IIRC, the original plan was with Rory's graduation, but then last year the Palladinos wanted two years guaranteed (through Season 8), which the network wouldn't give. Amy Sherman-Palladino has talked for a few years how she knew what she wanted the final four words of the last show would be, but obviously that never took place.

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Wish they could have made it two hours, then it wouldn;t have seemed so rushed. But it was fine, all the townspeople got to say goodbye, even a little Lane-Rory action going on like in the old days.

Like the way it ended with Luke and Lorelai.

It kind of ended like Cheers, not really a final dramatic ending to a particular event, ala MASH for Friends, but just life goes on.

11. Webster

It was better that the boat trip/vacation between Luke and Lorelai was implied.

They were a bit on the heavy side with the anvils, but I didn't mind that much.

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

And I loved it they used the song "Inside Out" by the Mighty Lemon Drops during the kiss scene. Love that song, mademe get out the CD and listen to it on the way to work today.

Figured they'd end up together, and I like the way they did it. But yea, if ASP head been at the helm, it would have been a much better ending.

Draft saved Draft deleted