1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gilmore Girls Cancelled

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, May 3, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

When April appeared on the phone last week, I actually yelled at the screen, "Oh, look, Honey, our little Plot Device is all grows up!"

My girlfriend thinks I'm funny...

2. KG

KG Active Member

You must not talk to many people with ADD. ;)

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I do like how they have made her more like a young woman over the past year.

I also thought -- isn't April not coming during his court mandated visitation a conversation that Luke should have with Anna? But I guess that they didn't want to pay Ms. Fenn to appear for a short scene.

I avoid spoilers, but I assume that Luke and Lorelai take the 6 week boat trip in the last episode.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The wife was an avid fan of this (even insisted on singing the fucking theme song every week) but I avoided it at all costs, more than anything because everyone talked too fucking fast!

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

It's been awhile. But that's a very good point. Ha ha. :)

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Lorelai was always a mess with men. I mean she called off her engagement to Max and didn't really tell him about it except for over the phone. She has some issues.

But Lauren Graham is so freakin' hot it's criminal.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

That's the only reason I could handle that show at all. She looks like Kate Beckinsale's younger sister or something.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I'm not sold on Alexis' looks, and her voice isn't too hot, either. But maybe, too, I'm of the age where I check out moms more than teens, and Lauren Graham is as hot as any mom on TV. She was in "Bad Santa," and when she's dropping F-bombs while urging ol' Billy Bob on, well, that sounded damn sexy.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

the only worthwhile post on this thread

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I knew there was a reason I needed to see that movie

11. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

She was also the Mom in "Dirty Dancing."

I will now turn in my man card.

12. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Eh, maybe not so fast. When you cast Jerry Orbach in a movie, it automatically raises the man quotient a few points. Unless, of course, it's as a talking cartoon candelabra.

Draft saved Draft deleted