1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gilmore Girls Cancelled

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, May 3, 2007.

1. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

As sad as I will be to see it go, it's time. The first three seasons were amazing, then not so much when Rory went to college. The show really floundered this year without the Pallidinos.

And, no Alexis Bledel has never been a great actress, but she has grown leaps and bounds over the course of the series.

And I love that Lauren Graham said she would hate to see it end with the wedding....based on this week's episode, that seems to be where they are going.

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Mrs. Irish will be crushed. I'll shed a tear, too, and not just for the departure of Ms. Graham from my weekly tv lineup. This was a terrifically-written show. Agree with those who said it went off the rails this year, though. Time to go.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

For what it's worth, the season's end has bene in stone for a while. So don't read the cancellation into what Rory's career path ends up being.

I have been a fan of the show since Day One. Mostly started watching because I thought Lauren Graham was hot, stayed with it because it was funny, and entertaining. I have posted my thoughts on its steep decline in the last two years many times. This season has been better recently, almost as if the people who wrote the first half of it were fired, and replaced by those with heads out of asses. When Rory actually didn't get the NY Times internship, that was the first in years the show seemed smart.

But it's been dying on the vine for a long time. I watch it every week now as I always have, but now every week I'm telling my wife I hope it gets canceled. Because I'm tired to staying committed to a show that used to be really entertaining, and now spends a lot of time insulting the viewers' intelligence. Went through that with Alias.

So yeah . . .when I saw the thread title, I cheered. I admit it. It was time to put that old dog to sleep right after this season started, and we had to hear Christopher nickname Lorelai "Lor." Man should never call his woman something that close to "whore," especially considering how they got together.

EDIT: Lorelai's mom also played Howard Stern's mom in Private Parts.

4. Not to throw this thing off topic, but the best show on CW right now is on tonight -- Supernatural. It's like a short, cheesy horror flick every week.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Hey, I"m a guy and love this show. Smart, great dialogue, hot mom and daughter, hell even Emily is OK for a lady her age. What's not to love.

But the show hasn't been as good this season. And I always thought this would be the last one anyway, especially without Amy Sherman at the helm. Great show, criminally underrated.

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I wished that Rory would get together with Dean in the end. I don't like Logan...sorry.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

You can add me to that reference as well, unfortunately. :(

8. Bob Slydell

I think Rory should get with Lorelai, in real life of course.

9. Bob Slydell

Lord, I apologize for that last post.

But Rory will break up with Logan I'm guessing. Maybe back with Jess, special cameo maybe?

And Lorelai all alone would be just too depressing. Maybe she can get with Taylor Dosey!! Or Kirk.

10. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I wonder if she knows that Jess now has super powers and is getting ready to help save the world (with the help of the cheerleader of course).

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've been a staunch defender of this show -- on here and elsewhere -- but it's time.

Take it behind the barn and do what's right.

12. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I agree.

The whole dumping of Luke and immediate sleeping with Christopher followed by a quick wedding made this season unbelievable. Lorelai went from being a very likeable character to one that has too many issues.

Draft saved Draft deleted