1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gilbert Gottfried fired as Aflac duck due to tsunami tweets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Mar 14, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He's far from being funny.

He's a total asshole.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Don't give up your day job, 93.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You're late to that particular party.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Comedians make jokes. Some good, some bad, some waaay too soon. But the corporate radar is so overtuned to social media, it's just not worth it to tweet.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If all jokes were at least 141 characters, Gilbert would still have a job. I blame Hemingway.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm a visionary - I found him annoying and unfunny back when I was in HS and my friends couldn't get enough of him.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Wow. What high school were you at? I remember my friends finding Kinison, Carlin, Leary, Dice Clay and Eddie Murphy funny but never this squinting dope.

8. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

There's always room for a return of USA's UP ALL NIGHT and hosting crap movies for the graveyard shift.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep, people say stuff like that all the time. But putting it out there on Twitter for every tom, dick and harry to read makes no sense to me.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Man, I must have discovered Leary late. I had never heard of him back when those other guys were all around.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's hilarious on Stern. But Stern's show and the roasts are pretty much the only place Gilbert is funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted