1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giants draft review article... comments would be welcome

Discussion in 'Writers' Workshop' started by giantsmets510, May 19, 2007.

1. giantsmets510

giantsmets510 New Member

Hey guys, just registered today. I wrote this article a couple of weeks ago, I'm an aspiring 14 year old sportswriter so any comments would be appreciated.

http://www.spmsportspage.com/published/spmfeatures/reeses-pieces.shtml

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Fourteen? I'd say keep writing. Keep working. Find a good teacher and read the best people you can find.

What I mean by the age reference is that I wouldn't have guessed that young. There are a few misuses of words (such as weaning. You don't wean a football player into a starter. You can transform him, or develop him. Weaning is a process of separation.) But that comes with practice and a good mentor nearby who can give you good feedback.

You're off to a good start.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

G-M 510: You Scare Me!

4. I think someone's jerking some chains.

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I don't think we jerk chains around here... in another board, maybe, but this kid, if he is 14, has some serious potential. Of course, it is not perfect, but for a start - wow. I'm impressed. Some very good technical and analytical writing here.

Draft saved Draft deleted