1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giant Hog (Gun Control)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Vombatus, Feb 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I haven't hunted in years. I am and always have been a fisherman. I have the tools and skillset to hunt anything in my region; I just don't have an interest in it.
    However, coyotes are kill on sight.
    We kind of run in cycles. We'll go a few years where coyotes are a nuisance; then we go a few years where you don't see one.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This thread proves that the search function must be working.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's hilarious on the hog-hunting videos in the comments when unfortunate animal-lovers come on and rip into the hunters for slaughtering the cute little piggies, especially the pregnant mommies and their teeny babies.

Holy shit. :eek::eek:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, they are. We’ve trapped or shot more 80 this year on our corner of the Ozarks.

Game & Fish says you’ve got to kill 75-percent of them to keep the numbers from growing. That’s how fast they reproduce.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You can take them down with any deer hunting caliber. Aim for the vitals. We never aim for the head due to the chance of ricocheting off the skull.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Here's a pistol kill. He was lucky. Headshot, then about a dozen more to anchor it.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A sextuple double tap.

Draft saved Draft deleted