1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giada: Too hot for the kitchen?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Jun 26, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Should he type slower?

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You know, if you gotta explain it ...

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

W--h--a--t d--o--e--s y--e--l--l--o--w m--e--a--n?

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

What's funny is as I read the first graf, my first thought was what about Rachel Ray. She wears low-cut shirts often too ... and her's are the size of cantaloupes.

I stand by The Future on this one. She thinks Rachel flaunts it when she shouldn't and Giada's got it to flaunt. (OK, so maybe I changed the words a little, but the idea isn't lost.)

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But when Giada speaks, it's the sound of angels.
    When Rachael speaks it's the sound of Hell's Angels' biker babe.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

In memoriam

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They died so others may live....

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If I had to pick a Food Network personality for her appeal, it'd be Nigella Lawson.

As far as Giada...OK...her wardrobe is predictably absurd...but I had to stop watching her because I just tired of all her I'm-more-Italian-than-you pronunciation of dishes. Anybody who has to say PEET-za with par - me -ZHA - no like she justa camea offa the boata...uh, no.

More pretension...Bobby Flay's all right, but a couple days ago his barbecue show featured barbecued flatbread PEET-za that looked like about five hours of prep time. And the results looked about fun to eat as belly-button meat.

More pretension...on Iron Chef last week, Matsumoto made a salmon paste-in-gnochhi appetizer that had the look, consistency, and I'm sure the taste, of a Snausage. He served this before the beet sorbet. Neither he nor his challenger even considered doing the simplest, best tasting way to eat salmon - grill the damn thing.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Can we stop thinking about the gawd damn kittens just for one minute!?!?!!

11. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

My wife watches Everyday Italian, has every right to be proud of her own cans and isn't shy about displaying them. (No guys. Pitcures will not be included.) Even she thinks Giada might want put them away on occasion.

12. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Rachel Ray does? Maybe in the magazine touched-up pics.

Draft saved Draft deleted