1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giada: Too hot for the kitchen?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Jun 26, 2007.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Just got this e-mail from TV Guide into the ol' features desk... if Big Buckin' Agate Monkey could provide some pics, all would be appreciative:

THE GIADA DE LAURENTIIS CONTROVERSY:
    IS THE SAUCY FOOD NETWORK STAR TOO HOT FOR THE KITCHEN?
    TV GUIDE READERS SPEAK OUT!
    In the June 25 Double Issue of TV Guide Magazine (on newsstands now-July 4)

June 26, 2007 (New York, NY) – Little did TV Guide reader Deborah L. Deel, of Christiansburg, Virginia, know that she would unleash a maelstrom of controversy when she submitted a Jeers “to Giada De Laurentiis and the low-cut tops she wears on the Food Network” which was printed in TV Guide magazine’s June 11 issue Cheers & Jeers—Readers’ Edition. “She must be sooooooo proud of her breasts. Who is she trying to turn on—the cameraman?” Deel wrote, adding, “It’s really kind of sad and pathetic.”
    Immediately, the magazine was flooded with letters reacting to the jab, with some readers racing to the Food Network star’s defense and others backing Deel up. The reader responses were so abundant, in fact, that TV Guide dedicated a full page to the controversy in its June 25 issue (on newsstands through July 4). Here is what some of the yay-sayers and nay-sayers had to say:
    “What’s the deal with Debbie Deel? She wants to know who Giada De Laurentiis is trying to turn on? Well she’s turning me on!” writes Rob Melcore of Manassas, Virginia. “I love to watch her stir those ingredients in her low-cut tops. If Ms. Deel wants sexless cooking, she should watch Rachael Ray.” Along those same lines Don Hill of Camano Island, Washington had this to say, “If a viewer doesn’t like looking at Giada, perhaps she can change the channel or wait until Rosie O’Donnell has a cooking show.”
    Robin Parsons of Arundel, Maine is also on board the cleavage train: “To quote [Seinfeld] one of the best TV shows ever: ‘They are real and they are spectacular.’ Brava, Giada!” And Joe L. Davidson of Pearl, Mississippi simply says, “Jeers to cleavage haters!”
    But for other Food Network fans, mixing cleavage with cooking is a recipe for disaster. “Giada’s smile and charm should be enough to capture the audience without the help of her cleavage,” writes Kim Wilson of Meadowview, Virginia. And Nancy Burnik, who wrote TV Guide via email says De Laurentiis is not doing herself any favors: “Wearing such revealing clothing diminishes Giada’s professionalism and detracts attention from the real reason for her show.”

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

There's about to be a jihad in SJ Masturbation Nation.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The quote of the day

4. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I didn't know Rachael Ray = sexless cooking.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I'm not BBAM... but here's one.

[imghttp://entimg.msn.com/i/125/tv/Giada-10A_125x150.jpg][/img]

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

fixed.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wonder if a single man spoke out against Giada's cleavage? ::)

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Those Virginia harpies can only pray they would ever look like this.

[​IMG]

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yup. Just like 2+2=4.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

As a Virginian, by transplant, the only thing I'd put against Giadda's cleveage is... :eek:

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Giada. can. stir. my. Alfredo. sauce. Any. Time. She. Wants.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted