1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ghostrider?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Feb 16, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

They didn't screen the movie for critics, that's a sure sign of a movie that sucks.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Good point. But they did screen it last week, but they f'd up in screening it this week, which brought a lot of predictable 'they're hiding it' calls. Definitely a bad screw up.

4. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Ok - just saw the movie & it rocks!!!

If you loved comic books or even had a passing fancy for this one you will love it.

Think a bit of Fantastic Four a bit of the Good the Bad the Ugly a little cross roads (aka Devil went down to Georgia) and some Stone Cold.

I don't want top spoil it for you but great kid flick and older peeps will like it as well.

I am not saying it is all time great or anything but major sleeper & authentic translation.

Effects were off the chain (as was Eva Mendes) & the trailer for Spdy 3 was ridiculous!!!

That movie will bring down the house!!!

JDV

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Any parts Stone Cold, that's just not a good sign...

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Stone Cold is maybe the best bad movie ever made.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Nor is any mention of Fantastic Four which had so much potential.

JDV's nine exclamation points aside, I'm betting this movie sucks in part because of its release date. This is the type of movie that has summer blockbuster written all over it -- if it's well done. The fact that it's being released in February says something about what the studio thinks of its chances of holding up against other summer fare.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sort of like Electra. February release dates are never a good sign for big action flicks.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I still think this movie is gonna blow and I think JDV's review backs up that belief.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Okay, so I went to this movie really, really hoping it would suck, but I find myself betwixt and between, parts of the movie are laughably bad, some WTF moments include Cage gets 20 years older, but Mendes looks to have aged a decade, WTF?
    I'm not up on the Ghost Rider mythology, so maybe some of it was I just didn't know what was going on.
    Yet some of the movie is actually pretty good, Cage can ham it up with the best and Donal Logue makes a nice sidekick turn. The special effects border on the spectacular with the flames and some of the motorcycle work is pretty impressive.
    I think it is going to be a lot like The Hulk, panned by some, while others consider underappreciated and better than what some critics said.
    I wouldn't waste big money to see it, but a matinee makes for a nice afternoon diversion.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I always wonder how Logue doesn't wind up in more movies as the hero's best friend/sidekick.

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Ghosts Writer? I loved that show! And a little role by Samuel L. Jackson.

http://epguides.com/Ghostwriter/

Draft saved Draft deleted