1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ghostrider?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Feb 16, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard if Ghostrider is any good?
    The commercials make it look like it is going to suck donkey balls, but yet I'm still curious.
    I noted in the metro that a screening wasn't made available for reviewers, so that isn't a good sign.

2. When they first said they were doing this, I was all about going to see it, but no anymore. It just looks like a lot of bad acting. Why can't the rest of these Marvel Comic based movies be like Spiderman?

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Is Cage's character a good guy or a bad guy?

4. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Hey Jay,

I am seeing it tonight with a group and have waited for this one. I think it will be good.

It is supposed to be campy and fun (think Tarentino (sp?)) and I hear the effects ROCK!

Plus the cast is strong for this genre.

Here is a review & article that should know (review is somewhere in site - will find later)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5225

I will know more soon,

John

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Well, Johnny Blaze/Ghosterider has been a good guy with a dark side in the comic books, so you would imagine they'd stick reasonably close to that.

That being said....Nick Cage? Jesus Christ on a moped. ::)

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And speaking of comic books, Robert Downey Jr. is supposed to play Tony Stark/Iron Man in the movie set for release next year. Grrrrr!

7. John D. Villarreal

Here is that review

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=18778

I think it was linked on SHH board

JDV

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

John,

Don't get so caught up in the movie that you light your face on fire. Have fun. Be safe.

9. John D. Villarreal

Nice!!

Thanks Ace,

Yeah, for someone who collected comic books I love seeing the stuff jump to the big screen. GR was always off the beaten path but had some interesting twists.

The best analogy is sort of a Spawn like character/story but different.

Now one can only hope for a cameo from the ICP (Insane Clown Posse) that would take it up a notch.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Probably take the kids to see Ghostrider this weekend. I saw a trailer recently for a Silver Surfer movie, too, that looked pretty good. Don't know the release date on that one, though.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's going to be terrible, and I'm going to be there.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

IMDB says Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer will be out later this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted