1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ghost writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Calvin Hobbes, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Offered without comment.

Company: Thesis-MasterNow.com
    Position: Seeking Ghost Writer for Tired Students
    Job Status: Part-time
    Salary: Up to $15,000
    Ad Expires: October 22, 2010
    Job ID: 1201061

Description:
    We need a self starting journalist who can work on deadline. Our assignments are ghost-written college essays, college admission's essays, college research and term papers. The pay is competitive with industry standards. The applicant must be able to cite sources in all formats including APA, MLA, Chicago, etc. Much experience is not necessary but a degree in journalism is a must! Email to cherryenglish63@yahoo.com with "Journalist" in the subject line and we can agree on a time to call each other on the phone. The pay is $9 per 250 words. When on shorter deadlines and the assignments are rushed the pay rate goes up to $12.50 per 250 words. Please do not apply and ask for more pay than what we are offering.

2. Sports_Scribe

Sports_Scribe Member

Now let's wait for the angry comments to pour in.

Seriously, what is an essay-writing job doing on this website?

3. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

No idea. It sounds completely legitimate to me. ::)

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

36 bucks per 1,000 words? Admission's? Yeah, these people make a great impression.

Nonetheless, it is work that pays and, in this job market, I will leave it up (for now). Unless someone shows me it is not legit.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can't even imagine how prevalent cheating is in college with the Internet at their disposal.

6. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Just to clarify ... I didn't post it because I thought it was legit. I posted it for the entertainment value.

7. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I actually made quite a nice living while in college doing this. Not with this bogus company, but sort of as a self-employed contractor. It's amazing how lazy rich kids are at a liberal arts college.

8. Sports_Scribe

Sports_Scribe Member

Here's the job description. So non-academic scholars need not apply.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. mediaguy

mediaguy Active Member

The Ewen McGregor movie was better than this post.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

From the title I thought someone was looking for a beat writer for the Casper Ghosts minor league baseball team.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Or the next VH1 special: "Casper: Behind the Sheet."

Draft saved Draft deleted