1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ghost of Christmas Present

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Dec 22, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I invited The Ghost of Christmas present over to my place tonight for a few Smithwick's and maybe a sandwich or two. He seems like he's a really fun dude.
    [​IMG]
    Check him out, bearing fire and meat. That's enough archetypal masculinity to give Robert Bly a woody. Me, I wish he'd wear something that covered his chest more. I don't need to see dude's chest, although I understand he's going for a certain kind of look. I think he'd have a lot to say about the pagan elements in European Christmas traditions and he's probably have an interesting take on the pros and cons of the Victorian years. Plus, he must have seen all kinds of cool shit, being a ghost. He seemed like a good guy in the book.

[​IMG]
    I think the above picture is bullshit. I don't think it's really The Ghost of Christmas Present. It's some poser. It actually looks like Alan Hale Jr. from "Gilligan's Island." And what's with the disco bullshit in the background? Sorry, not buying this one. Anyway.

[​IMG]
    Kind of pensive moment here, maybe because of the creepy fucker in the background. Just shows The Ghost of Christmas Present has depth and that he's not some shallow hedonist or booze hound.

[​IMG]
    Now here's more why I think it would be cool to have this guy over for a few beers. For one thing, he's more clothed here, which is good. And he seems to be laughing good-naturedly at Scrooge being a jackass. A sense of humor goes a long way.

So anyway, I'm just hanging out around the apartment, but The Ghost of Christmas Present hasn't arrived yet. He said he'd come over around halftime of the Bears game. I'm wondering if he only shows up in the middle of the night. Fuck that. I'd rather sleep undisturbed. I wonder if he's lost. Is he banging some chick? He's gotta be a big guy with the ladies this time of year. Or maybe he really is a lush after all and the state troopers busted him for being drunk. Any ideas? Anybody ever hung out with this asshole? Is he the real deal or did I fuck up by inviting this guy over for some ale and cheese sammies?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

May I ask, how drunk are you?

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

No, no, it's not an ask drunk writing irish thread. Just sipping on my first one. But I will drink as many beers as I want if dude doesn't make it. I only got a six. I figured he probably would bring mead from the 19th century or something else of his own.

Draft saved Draft deleted