1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GF advice needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nybluepepper, May 22, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So, fuck her in the ass?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And you should be able to get an awful lot of hummers out of the deal as well.....

3. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Hummers...mmmm...that might be worth it alone.

4. I don't think I could live with herpes in this situation. Can you go your entire life wearing a condom with this girl? I could not. No way.

I say you jump ship and roll to the next port. Hate to sound abrasive. It's not your STD.

With that said ... if you believe in soulmates and this is THE ONE, all sappiness about the STD situation aside, I guess you gotta put serious thought into it. I can't say what I'd do in that situation.

I don't believe in soulmates, so it's not an issue for me.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Having been through a few breakups myself, I'll say this:

You probably owe it to yourself to not get too serious with the first girl you feel comfortable with after your breakup. Making any type of commitment to someone when you haven't really given anybody else a chance is not a good sign, IMO.

And, of course, the obvious: two STDs -- especially when one of them is herpes -- is a pretty big red flag, especially for someone you've only been seeing for a month. It's not going to hurt either of you nearly as much by cutting your losses now than it would be if you dragged it on to see if there was something there.

Appreciate her honesty, but look out for No. 1 first and foremost. Because nobody else will, if you don't do it yourself. Move on and don't look back.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If there's grass on the field, play ball.

Wait ... ummm ...

No glove, no love. Yeah, that's it.

7. nybluepepper

nybluepepper New Member

This is actually the third girl I've dated since the last breakup. Just the first that's last more than a few weeks and that I'm actually excited about seeing.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Hey ny, as Michael Wilbon would say
    "YOU KNOW WHAT? THERE'S ANOTHER BUS COMIN'!"

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sorry, real advice:

If you really like her, stick with her. She put herself out there by telling you; IMO, you should reciprocate. But as others have said, seek medical advice before doing the deed, so to speak.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OK, I'm three Yuenglings and two shots of Goldschlager into the evening, so take this with a lick of salt (shut up!)...but I'm torn. Sure, she told you the truth, which COULD mean she trusts you. But if you guys haven't slept together, and haven't gotten close (which I'm assuming you haven't if she really does wait that long to sleep with guys she's serious about) then maybe she told you as preventive care. To keep you from asking too much about her past.

Maybe she's being honest, maybe she really is hiding something. I don't say that to piss you off (saw your earlier responses) but god, man, don't let early emotions and feelings blind you to a real reality.

11. Lyric

Lyric Member

Not only can't you go down on her without risking blisters in your mouth or face, but paying a visit with Mr. Finger and then touching your face could have the same result. Ugg.

I honestly don't know what I would do in this situation.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Fair enough. Proceed as usual then.

But I still say those are two pretty bright red flags there, and I can't imagine that one month is enough time to judge whether this is something you want to commit yourself to. Better to look out for yourself and be considerate of her feelings by cutting it off early than to choke up on the bat and try for a base hit when there's two strikes on the count already.

Draft saved Draft deleted