1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GF advice needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nybluepepper, May 22, 2007.

1. nybluepepper

nybluepepper New Member

And therein lies the problem. We've only been together a month. I have no idea if this is the love of my life. All I know is that for the first time since my last breakup, I'm seeing someone who doesn't piss me off and I enjoy spending time around. It's so early that I'm not sure if I should cut out now and save some heartache or stick around and see what happens (all the while knowing my own health is at risk.)

This sucks.

2. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Those are legitimate questions and concerns. It's just something you have to figure out, and soon. It sucks. There's no way around that.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree with the others that you really need to gather some medical information and gain a better understanding of exactly what you are getting yourself into. If you're talking serious, that means you have to at least consider what happens if you are with her for the long haul.

Sorry dude. That definitely sucks. I do know a married couple that both of them have herpes. The husband gave it to the wife. No idea if he knew or not, but they've been married nearly 20 years and have two children, so it seems they have managed the happily ever after so far despite the STD.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

It does indeed suck. Herpes is a scourge. It's so much more difficult to protect against than, say, pregnancy. You can't even perform munch-o-lingus without being at some degree of risk, since the virus can enter your mouth and travel to your lumbar spine, which is where the genital herpes virus resides dormant between outbreaks. If I was crazy about some girl and couldn't even indulge in the occasional slurpfest in her pink palace...oh the frustration.

Really sorry to hear about this dilemma, Blue. Best of luck to both of you.

5. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

This is probably a dumb question...but couldn't you get nasty all you wanted without the raingear once you're married? I mean, you both have it, doesn't that like cancel it out?

6. outofplace

Well, that's kinda the point...him not wanting to get it. Which is pretty damn difficult if they do end up married.

7. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Right....I was talking about the married couple mentioned that they both have it. Sorry for the confusion, I'm not THAT big of an idiot.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

ha! did you submit this in the euphemism thread? haha!

10. outofplace

Ha...well, I don't know you and you never know on this board.

As for the married couple, yeah, I'm pretty sure the restraints are off there. But we're talking about a couple that has been married nearly 20 years, both of them in their 40s, with two relatively small children. Not sure how much wildness is going on there.

11. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Yeah, after I re-read that, I laughed because it sounded crazy.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

SHe fessed up because she really likes you, brother. She didn't do it to scare you off, she did it for honesty. And I think she would want to find a way to protect you to have the safest of safe sex...
    Find a way... at least to try

Draft saved Draft deleted