1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GF advice needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nybluepepper, May 22, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

HPV is so easy for a woman to get that it's not funny. Most women have had sex have had it at one point, most women have fought it off, and the vast majority of you boys give it us without even knowing.

Herpes, well, ick. I know there are medications she can take that make it more difficult for her to pass it on to you, but I'd PM Doctalk and ask him about it. If he doesn't know, I'm sure he can direct you to places to get real information and not the shit that most the guys on here are gonna give you.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would go see a doctor for their opinion. We all went to college so we could work at a job with health insurance. Go use it.

My initial reaction though kind of goes along with Silent Bob.

"There are a million fine looking women in the world. Not all of them will bring you lasagna for lunch. Most of them will just cheat on you."

To be rephrased "Not all of them are carrying herpes."

If you stay with her. I would count this as two huge strikes. Anything close to the plate should be a called third strike.

3. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Man, that's tough...

I agree with Zeke's first comment. If she told you that this soon in your relationship, she must have some serious feelings for you and you know you can trust her now, anyway.

I'm sorry though. I know how you feel about finally being excited about another girl. I'm getting to that phase too after getting out of a relationship about seven months ago. It's gotta suck to be that excited and then have that bomb dropped on you. Anyway, as hard as it might be, I'd say listen to Zeke's advice and try to start something with her if you really think it's there. Good luck.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Took the words right outta my mouth. Thanks Cadet for clarifying.
    One of my best friends found out two months ago that she has HPV and she's been with two men. Oh, and she's getting married this year.

Nypepperblue - If you think the chick is worth keeping around, take it day-by-day. Best thing you can do is reciprocate the open line of communication by telling her your fears. If you work through it together, then you'll know if you're ready to keep the relationship alive by her reactions and how well you handle the days going forward. Like others have said, her being honest with you so soon is a huge positive and a sign of good character.
    As for the medical side - if we all think this situation isn't that common, then you're livin' inside a bubble. Plenty of people get married and live long lhalfway normal lives with these STDs.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think if you do enough research you can manage both diseases and still have a relatively healthy and happy sex life with her. And I believe she can also still have normal kids even with Herpes (dont know much about HPV and warts), though she might need to have a C-section if she is having a break out.

It comes down to this -- how much do you want this to work? If you love this girl, if you trust her and her word, then like anything else, you'll find yourself willing to work with her on this.

If not, then you just need to be honest because as someone said, she seems to be thinking in terms of the long term.

6. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

The last time I dropped some Act II popcorn in the microwave the darn thread got nuked. I hope that doesn't happen again.

NYPepper: Don't go to the party unless you've got balloons.

Everybody else: Please add your "wear a condom" cliche.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don't be a fool: Wrap your tool.

8. nybluepepper

nybluepepper New Member

Ah, I won't nuke it for a little good-hearted fun. A lot of the responses here have made laugh and that's always a great way to relieve a little tension.

Only three rules from here on out: Don't attack her character (I can understand attacking her choice in men -- wait a minute, what does that say about me? :mad:), don't burn the popcorn and save some for me.

9. nybluepepper

nybluepepper New Member

Oh, and I wish I had a copy of that picture someone once posted of a guy with a Parrot perched on his pecker just to add to Poin's post. :D

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Q: Why can’t pencils have babies?
    A: Because they have rubbers on their end

Q: How can you pick out a paranoid woman?
    A: She’s the one with a condom on her vibrator

Q: What do you do with 365 used condoms?
    A: Roll them into a tire and call it a good year!

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Jimmy hats provide some degree of protection against herpes, sure, but NOWHERE NEAR the same degree of protection that they provide against pregnancy or HIV. Herpes is transmitted through skin, not fluids, and even if you keep fluids separate, you're sure enough bumping privates.

Without going into detail, I once spent about 72 hours of my life thinking I might have contracted herpes. Outside of my father's death, they were the worst three days of my life. An overreaction? Maybe...it's very common, lots of people have herpes and have happy lives. the worst outbreak is the first one; they tend to be progressively milder after as time goes on, however...I just remember how I felt during that lovely 72 hours when I thought that I'd have sores on my cock on an intermittent basis for the rest of my life. Bad times.

If I met the love of my life, I'd marry her even if she had herpes. Not the love of my life, but with herpes? Not hitting it under any circumstance.

12. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Did you hear that from the Denver Post weirdo?

Draft saved Draft deleted