1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Getz is Gay"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

PC Police!

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

PC Police? How quaint. This is 2011, not 1995.

People don't get to make sexist, racist and homophobic remarks and when called on them, respond with "oh, don't be so PC"

How about stop being racist, sexist & homophobic?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't screw with my sanctimonious outrage.

5. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Where does the sanctimonius, ginned up outrage at the "PC Police!" figure in all this?

6. printdust

printdust New Member

The only ones who ever seem to complain about this is gays and their allies.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can't argue with your logic, if "allies" are people who think making fun of gays is stupid.

By that token, can I then say that the only people who think it's OK to make gay jokes are homophobic and possibly wrestling with demons and urges of their own?

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Just curious, but would there have been an outcry if he had written "Getz is fat!" in the dirt?

What's the difference?

9. printdust

printdust New Member

No, as someone with as many black friends as white friends, I'm insulted that they even equate their struggle to blacks....and how they cannot accept state referendums, how they constantly want to usurp the political process like they're "special." That's what pisses me off.

Good point, stagg. The majority on here think fat has nothing to do with genetics, but those same hypocrites will tell you that being gay is inborn.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Better question. Have you ever been on the receiving end of any form of bigotry? It isn't necessary to be gay to be sympathetic to a homosexual person being offended by this. Some of us are members of other minority groups. Others just have some simple human empathy. Perhaps a combination of both.

11. outofplace

For one thing, fat people aren't really a minority group in this country any more.

12. outofplace

Fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.