1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Getz is Gay"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. printdust

printdust New Member

Narrow is saying that while the country is clearly split on this issue that there isn't room for a compromise that addresses the concerns of both sides.

That's how a country is supposed to work.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Full civil unions?

3. printdust

printdust New Member

With a clear separation of church and state, and no loss of jobs (or adjustments made to accomodate for) those like the N.Y. court clerk who said it was against her religious beliefs to perform this duty? That's a start. But I can't speak for all the opposing half.
    Legal partnerships could be applied to non-married, hetero same sex and opposite sex couples in terms of financial protection. I'm not a lawyer but there's got to be a way to apply this. That was what started this argument years back in the first place, visitation, wills, etc.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Good to hear that the world finally stopped ostracizing him.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

Elton John is one of the greatest vocalists and song writers ever, and I would assume that many other of your alleged "hateful bigots" feel the same.
    Doesn't mean you have to approve of his lifestyle choice.

Elton was also one who batted from the other side for a while.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The lesson here is it's OK to be hateful as long as you criticize someone else's hate.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Did I mention he'll be wearing the ducksuit for the Guillen-Beckham nuptials?

8. printdust

printdust New Member

Well, everyone here "knows" that those who have a problem with gay marriage hate gays. It's easier to villify them in support of your cause.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was watching "America's Got Talent" and a group did a dance number to "It's Raining Men," complete with four Speedo-clad male dancers.

After the number, Howie Mandel said "Piers (Morgan) really enjoyed that," and Nick Cannon made a comment about the outfits coming from Piers' closet.
    They were indirectly teasing Piers about being gay.

Similar banter often occurred between Simon Cowell and Ryan Secrest on "American Idol."

Those shows are seen by many more people that what Getz did.

Where's the outrage to those actions?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Poor Elton should have done his research. Nikita is a male name in Russia, and that misstep gave him away and outed him, never to be heard from again.

Trivia note: The woman in the Nikita video is the same woman who threw the hammer in the famous Macintosh 1984 commercial.

11. Mizzougrad96

This thread is no place for good points or valid arguments. Be gone!!!

12. Mizzougrad96

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.