1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting to Yankee Stadium

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, May 30, 2007.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Parking is now $35 for the garages at Yankee Stadium.

You might just as well take the train. Taking gas into account, it may be the same amount of money.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Rainouts in New York on Tuesday. I was going to go to the Mets game, but will shoot for the Yankees-Rangers on Saturday.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Finally made my trip to Yankee Stadium for the Yankees-Rockies game today with my boys. I had to make a little detour to print out my tickets because the ink in my printer finally went dry today. I took NJ Transit from Dover to Penn Station, took the A and transferred to the D train at 59th Street. My youngest son was wearing his Rockies cap and I talked with several locals and Coloradans. Besides the dealing with the subway for the first time, getting to the Stadium isn't much of a chore. A lot less stress riding the train than dealing with traffic.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Get the No. 4 train from Grand Central or the No. 7, a regional train with fewer stops.
    Either way, the signs for those northbound trains are labeled "Yankees" and they go straight to the stadium.
    Family and I did it on a trip up there for some day baseball a month or so ago and it couldn't have been easier or safer.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Only drag is that too many of those trains wind up being essentially sardine cans. Off a ten-minute
    wait on a steaming underground platform, it ain't pretty. But cheap, it is. You pays your money . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted